Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Emergency Medicine Clinics
- Prolonged extracorporeal oxygenation for acute post-traumatic respiratory failure (shock-lung syndrome). Use of the Bramson membrane lung.N Engl J Med. 1972; 286: 629-634
- National estimates of the use and outcomes of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation after acute trauma.Trauma Surg Acute Care Open. 2019; 4: e000209
- Indications and outcomes of extracorporeal life support in trauma patients.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2018; 84 (Available at:)https://journals.lww.com/jtrauma/Fulltext/2018/06000/Indications_and_outcomes_of_extracorporeal_life.1.aspx
- Veno-Venous Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (VV ECMO) for Acute Respiratory Failure Following Injury: Outcomes in a High-Volume Adult Trauma Center with a Dedicated Unit for VV ECMO.World J Surg. 2018; 42: 2398-2403
- Veno-venous extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: cannulation techniques.J Thorac Dis. 2016; 8: 3762-3773
- Traumatic lung injury treated by extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).Injury. 2006; 37: 29-32
- Extracorporeal life support in pulmonary failure after trauma.J Trauma. 1999; 46: 638-645
- Assessment of safety and bleeding risk in the use of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for multitrauma patients: A multicenter review.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2019; 86: 967-973
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in trauma patients: a systematic review.World J Emerg Surg. 2020; 15: 51
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Circuitry.Pediatr Crit Care. 2013; 14: S7-S12
- Management of Adult Patients Supported with Venovenous Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (VV ECMO): Guideline from the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO).ASAIO J. 2021; 67: 601-610
- Cannulation technique: femoro-femoral.J Thorac Dis. 2018; 10: S616-S623
- ELSO Interim Guidelines for Venoarterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation in Adult Cardiac Patients.ASAIO J Am Soc Artif Intern Organs. 2021; 67: 827-844
- Use of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation in Patients with Refractory Cardiac Arrest due to Severe Persistent Hypothermia: About 2 Case Reports and a Review of the Literature.Case Rep Emerg Med. 2021; 2021: 5538904
- Identifying the Risk Factor and Prevention of Limb Ischemia in Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation with Femoral Artery Cannulation.Heart Surg Forum. 2018; 21: E018-E022
- Limb ischemia in peripheral veno-arterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: a narrative review of incidence, prevention, monitoring, and treatment.Crit Care. 2019; 23: 266
- Limb ischemia during femoral cannulation for cardiopulmonary support.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 850-853
- Arterial protocol including prophylactic distal perfusion catheter decreases limb ischemia complications in patients undergoing extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 65: 1074-1079
- Monitoring of adult patient on venoarterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in intensive care medicine.J Thorac Dis. 2019; 11: S946-S956
Extracorporeal Life Support: The ELSO Red Book. 5th edition. Extracorporeal Life Support Organization.
- Venovenous Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation in Intractable Pulmonary Insufficiency: Practical Issues and Future Directions.Biomed Res Int. 2016; 2016: 9367464
- Mechanical ventilation during extracorporeal life support (ECLS): a systematic review.Intensive Care Med. 2015; 41: 994-1003
- Anticoagulation Practices during Venovenous Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation for Respiratory Failure. A Systematic Review.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2016; 13: 2242-2250
- 2021 ELSO Adult and Pediatric Anticoagulation Guidelines.ASAIO J. 2022; 68: 303-310
- Thrombosis and Bleeding in Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Without Anticoagulation: A Systematic Review.ASAIO J. 2021; 67: 290-296
- Venoarterial-Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Without Routine Systemic Anticoagulation Decreases Adverse Events.Ann Thorac Surg. 2020; 109: 1458-1466
- Extracorporeal life support in trauma: Worth the risks? A systematic review of published series.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017; 82: 400-406
- Blood oxygenation and decarboxylation determinants during venovenous ECMO for respiratory failure in adults.Intensive Care Med. 2013; 39: 838-846
- Life span of different extracorporeal membrane systems for severe respiratory failure in the clinical practice.PLoS ONE. 2018; 13: e0198392
- A comparison of Selective Aortic Arch Perfusion and Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta for the management of hemorrhage-induced traumatic cardiac arrest: A translational model in large swine.Plos Med. 2017; 14: e1002349
- Development of the emergency preservation and resuscitation for cardiac arrest from trauma clinical trial.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017; 83: 803-809
- Emergency preservation and resuscitation for cardiac arrest from trauma.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2022; 1509: 5-11
Rector R. University of Maryland ECMO Circuit.