Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Emergency Medicine Clinics
- Understanding and addressing violence against women [Fact sheet]. World Health Organization.(Available at:)Accessed March 15, 2022)
Cotter A. Intimate partner violence in Canada, 2018: an overview. In: Juristat, editor. Statistics Canada catalogue no. 85-002-X ed 2018.
- What is Spiritual Abuse? Domestic Violence Hotline.(Available at:)Accessed March 15, 2022)
- About Family Violence. Government of Canada.(Available at:)Accessed March 15, 2022)
Dragiewicz M., Harris B., Woodlock D., et al., Domestic violence and communication technology: survivor experiences of intrusion, surveillance, and identity crime. The Australian Communications Consumer Action Network. Available at: http://accan.org.au/grants/completed-grants/1429-domestic-violence-and-communication-technology-victim-experiences-of-intrusion-surveillance-and-identity-theft.
- Violence prevention – intimate partner violence [fast facts]. Center for Disease Control and Prevention.(Available at:)Accessed March 15, 2022)
- Nonconsensual pornography among U.S. adults: a sexual scripts framework on victimization, perpetration, and health correlates for women and men.Psychol Violence. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1037/vio0000233
- Intimate partner violence and reproductive coercion: global barriers to women's reproductive control.PLoS Med. 2014; 11: e1001723
- General Social Survey: An overview. Statistics Canada, Canada2022
- Section 2: police-reported intimate partner violence in Canada. Juristat, Canada2019
- CDC. Violence against American Indian and Alaska Native People [Fact Sheet]. Center for Disease Control and Prevention.(Available at:)Accessed March 15, 2022)
- Intimate partner violence and controlling behaviors experienced by emergency department patients: differences by sexual orientation and gender identification.J interpersonal violence. 2021; 36: 6125-6143
- The association between disability and intimate partner violence in the United States.Ann Epidemiol. 2015; 25: 455-457
- Intimate partner violence and COVID-19 in rural, remote, and Northern Canada: relationship, vulnerability and risk.J Fam Viol. 2020; 37: 775-786
Black M., Basile K., Breiding M., et al., The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (NISVS): 2010 Summary Report, 2011. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/nisvs_report2010-a.pdf.
- Homicide in Canada – 2018. Statistics Canada catalogue no 85-002-X.Juristat, Canada2019
- National Violent Death Reporting System Reports.(Available at:)Accessed March 15, 2022)
- Incident-based crime statistics, by detailed violation.(Available at:)http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p2SV.pl?Function=getSurvey&lang=en&db=imdb&adm=8&dis=2&SDDS=3302(Accessed March 1, 2022)Date: 2016
- COVID-19 pandemic and violence: rising risks and decreasing urgent care-seeking for sexual assault and domestic violence survivors.BMC Med. 2021; 19: 20
- Domestic violence: an approach to identification and intervention.Emerg Med Clin North America. 2004; 22: 1117-1132
- Exploring gender differences in the patterns of intimate partner violence in Canada: a latent class approach.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2010; 64: 849-854
- Formal and informal help-seeking associated with women’s and men’s experiences of intimate partner violence in Canada.Soc Sci Med. 2010; 70: 1011-1018
- Human Trafficking FAQs. United Nations.(Available at:)https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/human-trafficking/faqs.html(Accessed)Date accessed: March 20, 2022
- Love and trafficking: how traffickers groom & control their victims.https://polarisproject.org/blog/2021/02/love-and-trafficking-how-traffickers-groom-control-their-victims/Date accessed: March 20, 2022
- Protocol Toolkit: for developing a response to victims of human trafficking in health care settings.(Available at:)https://healtrafficking.org(Accessed March 28, 2022)Date: 2019
- Labour trafficking. Government of Canada.(Available at:)Accessed March 18, 2022)
- Fact Sheet #2: Trafficking in persons and human smuggling. Government of Canada.(Available at:)Accessed March 23, 2022)
- National action plan to combat human trafficking. Government of Canada.(Available at:)Accessed March 23, 2022)
- Trafficking in persons in Canada.(Available at:)Accessed March 20, 2022)
- Understanding victim mindset & the stages of change model. Kristen French Child Advocacy Centre Niagara.(Available at:)Accessed March 9, 2022)
- Intimate partner violence screening in the emergency department.J Postgrad Med. 2008; 54: 301-305
- The health consequences of sex trafficking and their implications for identifying victims in healthcare facilities.Ann Health L. 2014; 23: 61-91
- The devastating loss of the doctor killed at a Chicago hospital by her former fiancé. Wash Post.(Available at:)https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/20/greatest-hands-possible-doctor-killed-chicago-hospital-remembered-her-compassion/(Accessed March 15, 2022)
- Chapter 99: intimate partner violence. 7th edition. Emergency medicine secrets.Elsevier, United States2021
- Intimate partner violence screening in the emergency department: U.S. medical residents’ perspectives. International quarterly of community health education.journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.2190/IQ.30.1.cDate accessed: March 15, 2022
- Validation of a screening tool for labor and sex trafficking among emergency department patients.J Am Coll Emerg Physicians Open. 2021; 2: e12558
- Screening for human trafficking: guidelines for administering the Trafficking Victim Identification Tool (TVIT).(Available at:)https://www.vera.org/downloads/publications/human-trafficking-identification-tool-and-user-guidelines.pdf(Accessed March 25, 2022)Date: 2014
- A short screening tool to identify victims of child sex trafficking in the health care setting.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2018; 34: 33-37
- The advocates for human rights.(Available at:)Accessed March 25, 2022)
- Psychosocial consequences of intimate partner violence for women and men in Canada.J Interpers Violence. 2011; 26: 1628-1645
Child Abuse is Wrong: What can I do? Government of Canada. Updated December 6, 2021. Available at: https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/cj-jp/fv-vf/caw-mei/index.html. Accessed March 28, 2022.
- Achieving just outcomes: forensic evidence collection in sexual assault cases.J Emerg Med. 2018; 35: 746-752
- Why do we continue to blame victims of sexual assault? YWCA Saskatoon.(Available at:)Accessed March 28, 2022)
- Guidelines for the management of a pregnant patient.J Obstet Gynecol Can. 2015; 37: 553-571
- Surviving strangulation: evaluation of non-fatal strangulation in patients presenting to a tertiary care sexual assault and partner abuse care program.Can J Emerg Med. 2021; 23: 762-766
- Intimate partner violence documentation and awareness in an urban emergency department.Cureus. 2019; 11: e6493
- Where is the love? Intimate partner violence in the emergency department.(Available at:)https://emottawablog.com/2018/01/where-is-the-love-intimate-partner-violence-in-the-emergency-department/(Accessed March 15, 2022)
- Limits of a criminal justice response: trends in police and court processing of sexual assault. Sex assault Canada law.Leg Pract Women’s Act, Canada2012: 613-634
- Temporary resident permits (TRPs): considerations specific to victims of trafficking in persons. Government of Canada.(Available at:)https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/permits/considerations-specific-victims-human-trafficking.html#sec2(Accessed May 20, 2022)Date: 2016
- Victims of human trafficking: T Nonimmigrant Status. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.(Available at:https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/victims-of-human-trafficking-and-other-crimes/victims-of-human-trafficking-t-nonimmigrant-status)(Accessed May 20, 2022)Date: 2021
- Non-fatal strangulation is an important risk factor for homicide of women.J Emerg Med. 2008; 35: 329-335
- Risk factors for femicide in abusive relationships: results from a multisite case control study.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 1089-1097
- Ontario Domestic Assault Risk Assessment.(Available at:)Accessed March 28, 2022)